Some people don't realize that you have to use Add or remove programs in the control panel to remove programs from your computer safely. And if you do not do it properly you are left with bits of files all the computer, which soon cluuters up your computer and slows it down.
To use the Windows Add or remove program feature is very easy, but make sure you know what program you are removing. You do not want to remove your virus checker or firewall program by accident.
How do you find the Add or Remove feature in the control panel?
- Go to the start menu at the bottom left corner.
- Choose control panel from the menu.
- Double click on the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Now choose the program that you want to remove. Make it blue by selecting it.
- Then press the remove button.
For more information you can also watch this video tutorial below.
For more information you can also see an article with screenshots on how to Add or Remove programs.