How to add files and folders to save to a cd in Windows XP:
- Put a blank cd in your cd burner.
- Browse through your computer for files or folders that you want to save to cd.
- Right click on the file and a menu will appear.
- Choose send to, then choose to send to the cd drive that the blank cd is in.
- Keep adding files, photos, or whatever you like. (usually 700mb)
- When you have finished you can press on write files to cd in the left menu bar.
- The cd will burn.
How to find the CD writing dialog box:
- Go to the start menu, choose my computer.
- Then look for the icon for your cd burner which will have your blank cd in.
- Double click on it to open.
- This is where you will see the blue menu on the left.
Watch this video on how to backup files, photos, and data to a cd:
- You can also double click on the balloon message that appears in the right corner. It says you have files ready to be writen to a cd.. This will also open the cd writing dialog box.
- A cd will fit around 700mb of files and data. Movies usually do not fit onto a cd unless they are short or compressed to do so. A blank dvd disc will fit 4.7gb of data.
- The built in Windows cd writing program does not work with DVD burning.
See more Windows XP Tips