My impressions of the Aiptek hd 720p HD100 pro video pocket dv camera:
- The first thing that came to my mind was "OMG it is so small!!" It was so small and cute and as light as a feather.
- The next thing I noticed about the Aiptek 720p camera is that it feels and looks like a toy. It doesn't appear to be well made or solid.
- It wasn't easy to flip the screen out because it clips to the camera in an odd way... I thought I might break it each time I wanted to flip it out..But it's fine so far.
- Installing the SD card was easy but when you want to get it out it is a bit harder. It springs out, but not far enough and you need to get a grip on it to get it out.
- I had a few problems hooking up the camera to the computer as it did not behave like normal cameras. It did not show up in My computer as being connected. I was looking for a Aiptek icon but found nothing. Later I found out that you need to have photos or video on the Aiptek pocket dv camera to be able to get them off.
- When I tried to record video footage, I couldn't seem to hold the camera still enough because it is so light in your hand.
- The camera records in h.264 which I have never used before. The quality of the video wasn't that great. Lets just say that I am glad I didn't buy it for myself. (Its for my daughters 11th birthday)
- When taking a photo, it takes reasonable pictures, however again you have to keep the camera very still..Otherwise you get a fuzzy picture.
- It is also a Mp3 player with a headphone jack but who wants to carry that around to listen to music when a Mp3 player is so much smaller.
- The screen is soo cute.
- Its hard to know where to put your hands on the camera because it is so small.
I think it is great for kids to have fun with and be creative. Also you can't argue with the price.
Aiptek A-HD 720P 8 MP CMOS High-Definition Camcorder (Black)