- You can buy a new network printer which are under $100 now! Like the Brother Printer HL2270DW Wireless Monochrome Printer.
- You can setup your printer on a computer and then share it with all the other computers on your home network. But note that you have to have both the computer and the printer on for other computers to see the printer. Here's how to add a network printer.
- Convert your existing printer into a network printer using one of the following adapters (printer servers) below.
- Cisco-Linksys Wireless-G Print Server with Multifunction Printer Support
- Hawking HMPS1U 1-Port USB 2.0 Print Server for Multi Function Printers
- IOGear USB 2.0 Print Server, 1-Port GPSU21 (Silver)
If you have both a parallel and a USB port, you probably want to find an network printing adapter that supports USB, as they tend to be cheaper.
You should find numerous devices in the $25 to $40 range. You’ll also find both wired and wireless print servers—if you buy a wired print server, remember to buy an ethernet cord to go with it.