How to copy and paste a HTML link of a website you are viewing?Just say you are on the Youtube website and you are viewing a video that you want to share with one of your friends. You can copy and paste a HTML link into an e-mail and send this to your friend. It is a lot easier than having to download the video and then attach it to an e-mail, of course if you're download limits allow you to do this.
1. When you are viewing the web page that you want to share with your friend look up in the top area of your browser.
2. You will see an address bar. It will contain a website URL that starts with something like this: http://www.
3. That is the start of the website address which is also called a URL. See the screen shot below.
4. We need to select the URL or website address by making it blue. See the screen shot below.
5. Then we need to right click on the blue selection and a menu will appear.
6. Choose copy from the menu.
7. Now that we have copied the URL we can paste it where ever we want. This includes an e-mail, word document, a notepad, and so on.
8. In the screen shot below I am pasting the address that I copied into an e-mail.
9. To do this you need to right click your mouse in the writing area of the e-mail. A menu will appear.
10. Choose paste from the menu. The URL that you copied will be pasted into the e-mail. Now you can send e-mail to your friend and they can click on the link and go and see the same website. The HTML link will be made instantly for you.
You can also paste a HTML link in a Hotmail e-mail, and Gmail e-mail, Windows live e-mail, and so on.
Please watch the video below to see more about how to copy and paste a HTML link:
How to copy and paste a HTML link from a website page?Sometimes you will go to a website and it may have a menu of links and you want to copy and paste a HTML link from the menu into an e-mail. This is very easy to do.
1. All you have to do is right click on the link that is on the website and a menu will appear.
2. When the menu appears, press on copy Link location. If you are using Internet Explorer on the menu and it will say copy shortcut.
Now you can paste a HTML link that you have copied into your e-mail.
As you can see it is very easy to copy and paste a HTML link in order to stand in an e-mail.