How to build a website for non-technical people?
I am a professional blogger and earn money online, however I teach people how to build websites for themselves. I have helped many people build a website within a few hours, without them knowing any thing at all about building a website.
I only use WordPress as my content management system as it helps me add the content and easily add images and videos to my articles. It is also easy to install a theme so you do not need to be a website designer nowadays. WordPress will turn your content into professional looking webpages with proper styling and its own navigation system. It is not worth learning HTML or PHP any longer.
How to get started with your own website?
- The first thing you need to do is buy Web hosting so you can store your website somewhere. I used Hostgator Web hosting as it is proved to be both well priced and reliable.
- You can buy a domain name at the same time that you buy hosting. When you have done this you will receive an e-mail telling you where to login.
- Now you are ready to install WordPress. You can literally install WordPress with the click of a few buttons. Here is a video showing how I create a WordPress website from scratch. You can see for yourself how quick it is.
- After you have installed WordPress on your hosting, you are now ready to customize your installation of WordPress.
- Now it is time to add some content to make your website look great!