Finding out that your computer has got a black screen with cursor can be as stab every time you see that blinking dash. The error often looks like a disaster, but can often be a very simple problem.
It could be :
- faulty CD drive
- USB Flash drive left in
- computer did not wake up from sleep
What can you do when your computer has a black screen with a flashing cursor?
- Unplug all of the devices that do not need to be plugged in.
- Restart your computer and see if it works.
- Press F8 when starting your computer and choose last known good configuration from the menu.
- Go into your BIOS and set the boot order to boot to your hard drive only.
- Put in your operating system CD and do a repair.
- Check your computer memory to see if you have a faulty piece.
- Go to your BIOS and choose to boot to CD and format your computer.